Information Systems Administrator
JOB SUMMARY OR MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
(Brief statement of the core functions of the role)
The Information Systems Administrator is responsible and accountable for the implementation, maintenance and smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
- Manage organizational information and communication systems using the most appropriate technology
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate ICT systems and electronic data operations
- Manage IT staff
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate ICT systems and develop governing policies e.g. back-up and procedures, internet usage guidelines
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Recommends information technology strategies by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
- Consulting computer users to ascertain needs and to ensure that facilities meet user or project requirements
- Selecting and purchasing appropriate hardware and software, ensuring software licensing laws are followed, implementing and managing security or integrity and backup procedures, scheduling upgrades and providing user training, support, advice and feedback
- Testing and modifying systems to ensure that that they operate reliably
- Managing secure network access for remote users
- Keeping up to date with new technology
- Designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation
- Work with external suppliers such as Bluekey (SAP), Endeavor Africa (Time & attendance), Total Solutions (Network Hardware), Access Kenya (Internet) etc
- Use the various tools available to generate and maintain reports from SAP, Payroll and Time and Attendance and other systems as required.
- Any other duties deemed relevant by the management
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should STRICTLY fill in and submit relevant information using in this link Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.